This is a fun creative activity for children over the age of two, to make their own festive models.
You will need:
- Strings /ribbons
- Boxes in various shapes and sizes
- Yoghurt pots
- Bottle tops
- Any other clean food packaging in various shapes and sizes
Place all the items in the centre of the table and allow children to make their own decisions about what to make and use. Talk to the children about what they are making, and encourage them to adapt the materials to suit their needs. This activity could encourage children to share and take turns as well as developing their problem solving skills and even encouraging them to work together.
Once the children have completed their Christmas models, they can be left to dry before being painted. The completed models can then be displayed for all to see and enjoy.
Areas of learning covered:
- Creative development
- Language, Literacy and Communication skills
- Personal and Social development
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Physical development